A school trip to Singapore is one of the best places in Southeast Asia for travel and immersing yourself in culture. He is details of Singapore Culture Trips with Educating Adventures. Singapore is easy to get around and, most of all, one of the safest countries in the world. As one of Southeast Asia’s most well-developed metropolitan hubs, the country has several distinct cultural enclaves, including Chinese, Indian, Arab, and Malay. These neighborhoods offer a rich cultural experience for you to explore. Dive deep into these culture-rich neighborhoods with the many traditional shops and restaurants that will keep you fully engaged throughout your adventure. Essential road signs and public transportation are all labeled in English, so making your way around the city will be a breeze despite being in a foreign country. This country is like an adventure into Southeast Asia on Easy Mode!
WildChina offers many cultural programs for you to immerse yourself in on a school trip to Singapore. Read on for a specially curated culture tour or mix and match your own; whatever you choose, WildChina has the journey of a lifetime for you.
About Singapore Culture Trips and learning objectives:
Journey through Singapore’s history with a guided tour exploring Singapore’s history from the time of British colonialization in the 19th century. See the vast development of Singapore into a cultural and metropolitan hotspot before your eyes as we stride through historical sites and discover the country’s colorful cultures and fascinating traditions. This is an immersive and authentic learning experience, for we will journey through the corridors of a critical installation during Singapore’s darkest period. Students will walk away knowing more about Singapore’s food culture and heritage on a memorable journey!
Key visits along this trip:
- We will stroll through the streets of Chinatown and discover the rich heritage of Singapore’s largest ethnic group.
- The Thian Hock Keng Temple, the oldest Buddhist-Taoist temple on Singapore Island
- Take a stroll through Little India, a haven of Indian culture with its many restaurants and traditional shops
- Visit an authentic WWII Military fort with a trip to Battle Box at Fort Canning. This fort was used as a communication center in the war against the Japanese in the Malaya campaign of 1942.
- The Singapore Botanic Gardens (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) is a must when on a school trip to Singapore. Students will experience a unique trekking experience through this rainforest as we learn about the fragile yet unusual rainforest ecosystem
- One of the many museums we will visit on this tour, the National Museum offers many exhibitions dating back to the museum’s inception in 1887. Did we mention it is Singapore’s oldest museum?
As you can see from this list so far, this curated tour from WildChina offers a weeklong experience that will have students fully immersed in the many cultures of Singapore. For more information and a detailed itinerary on this school trip to Singapore, click here.
WildChina offers many more short-term programs for students for a cultural experience in Singapore, read on to check out some of the fantastic offerings students can immerse themselves in with WildChina!
Take a trip to one of Singapore’s most exciting museums! On this school trip to Singapore, we will visit a museum dedicated to exploring Asia’s rich artistic heritage, especially the ancestral cultures of Singaporeans. The Asian Civilisations Museum focuses on the historical connections among Asian cultures and between Asia and the world. Students will enjoy a guided tour where they will learn about how people lived in the past, and the rich cultural heritage of different parts of Asia.
Conceived in 2006, the Peranakan Museum is one of a kind in the world, exploring the history of Peranakan Culture in Singapore as well as Peranakan communities in Southeast Asia. With a comprehensive collection of artifacts, students will glimpse the unique cultural traditions fusing ethnic Chinese, Malay, and Indian elements that make up the indigenous Singaporean culture.
Tea is a pivotal part of Asian culture and is especially prevalent in Singaporean culture. On this trip, we will stroll through tea’s culture, art, and history with an immersive tea appreciation workshop. We will learn about how tea was discovered and the tea-making process, making it not only a relaxing beverage but one that is beneficial to your health. This trip is one of the more relaxing learning experiences while in Singapore. Students will walk away with a deeper understanding of a crucial element in Singapore Chinese culture as they learn how to brew and prepare tea properly.
For this journey, WildChina takes students on a fantastic journey through Haw Par Villa’s remarkable landscape, filled to the brim with cultural sculptures of all shapes and sizes.
Students will also learn about the Park’s creator, Aw Boon Haw, and how he used art to spread valuable cultural and moral lessons to younger generations. Using the many sculptures and dioramas in the park, tour guides will share key stories from Asian and Chinese cultures, bringing many of these Chinese classic tales to life in stunning detail.
Take a relaxing cruise in a Bumboat along the Singapore River. The Singapore River is like a witness to the country’s history. On both sides of the river, you will see colonial buildings, traditional Chinese shops, and modern skyscrapers, all entwined, creating a mesmerizing metropolis blending tradition with modernity.
WildChina creates memorable and valuable experiences for teachers and students.
With over 20 years of experience, an in-house team of academic managers with educational-related master’s and doctorate degrees, and our sustainable relationship with local experts and partners, WildChina can support schools’ educational trips outside the classroom. Despite all the challenges, WildChina Education managed to make an incredible amount of various programs that could be run EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE for the Singapore school trip experience.
WildChina provides safety and excellence in school trips to Singapore.
- WildChina ensures your students will be safe: We fully risk-assessed each program, including destination, accommodation, transport, and attraction venues. We work with creditable, reliable, and accredited partners so that students can be assured of the best learning journey.
- WildChina creates sustainable adventures: At WildChina Education, we believe that the student experiences we curate influence communities and the environment. This means making the right choices in how, where, and with whom we do business – and crucially, being transparent about the principles that guide our daily decisions.
- WildChina adventures are learning-focused: We provide customized experiential learning programs for schools, colleges, and universities. We focus on your subjects and learning objectives. We include experiential learning activities to engage students in active learning.